Monday, January 4, 2010

CLOTHES CALLS

How do you help your kids get dressed and out the door?

1.  Dress a Mini-Me:  To help my daughter choose her school and church outfits, I traced her figure on a large piece of cardboard, then cut around the shape, punched a hole in the top, and hung it from a nail on the wall.  Each evening, we pick out her clothes for the next day and use clothespins to attach them to the doll.  Mia adds jewelry, socks, and shoes as well as her book bag and lunch bos.  Now mornings go more smoothly and are more fun too.  (Renee Gidcumb)

2.  Go Halvsies:  Each night before bed, we have our 5-year-old daughter, pick out either a top or a bottom to wear the next day.  (Since we pack away out-of-season clothes, all her options are weather-appropriate.)  My husband or I then select a corresponding piece.  This way, our daughter gets the power of choice--and a matching outfit.  (Lisa Arenas)

3.  Make a Weather Spinner:  I made a simple chart with a spinning arrow in the middle.  Everymorning I check the weather report, then point the arrow toward the correct weather symbol.  Next to each, I've listed the types of garments that my kis can choose.  This is a fun way to give them a little more say about what they wear.  (Kristen Goodwin)

From FamilyFun Magazine  December/January 2010

1 comment:

College Term Papers said...

I'm very thankful to the author for posting such an amazing development post. Continuing to the post. Thanks.

Humanitarian Service Project

Humanitarian Service Project
The 4th Thursday of every month: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. @ COSS
The most important of the Lord's work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes.
---------------------Harold B. Lee